Friday, October 26, 2012

Mother of the Year


Did you know that I was awarded Mother of the Year on Wednesday?  You didn't?  I bet you are wondering how I won this prestigious award...and it's not even the end of the year.  Well, let me tell you how this was done.

Have you ever had one of those days where your brain feels like it is doing this?


Yep.  I thought so.  Well, my brain feels like that most days actually.  Who has eaten what?, who needs to consume more milk for the day?, how many times the baby has been changed?, did the baby take a nap?, how long did she sleep?...the list goes on and on.  You feelin' me?  Well, on Wednesday my brain was this x4 because Wednesday is, well, Wednesday.  Let's put it this way...I don't take a bathroom break until 9pm at night.  

ANYWAY.

In the midst of normal Wednesday chaos Addison has dance.  Our 'o so strict dance teacher sent home a note last week that said the kids could dress-up for dance class and bring a bag of candy to class to share with their friends.  But, then I got to thinking.  "Um, I don't recall getting a note from Addison.  But, yes, I definitely got a note from Olivia.  I am sure I am crazy and lost it somewhere in the car since I can't see any of the seats or floor."  Then I think on this thought for an hour or so and convince myself that yes, I have lost my mind and I am definitely supposed to dress her up.  So we spend a good part of our day just analyzing what she should dress-up as and how I have not sewn the regular Dora (the one with orange pants and a pink shirt) pants yet.  Those will be ready for Halloween and how I am so sorry.  She finally settles for Fairy Dora.  Whew!


We rush off to dance with the costume on and candy in the bag.  We hop out of the car, race to the door, swing it open and what????


I have the most sparkling, twinkling, green and purple dancer among the sea of black leotards and pink tights.  Think fast.  The sweet lady who takes Man's hard earned money every month races around to meet me and I say, "I am guessing she was supposed to dress-up next week?"  Can you imagine what she was thinking?  Um, duh lady.  But she didn't say that...because she wants Man's money next month too.  No.  She smiled real sweet and said, "It will be just fine.  Come on honey let's get your shoes on."

Yes, folks, that would be exactly how you win Mother of the Year.  Unless of course she was supposed to dress up and I forgot.  Now, there has to be some much bigger title for that.  I am sure it is in my not-so-distant future.  I'll let you know when I win it.

Ever been Mom of the Year...and it's not awards season?  It's ok.  Me too.  Nevermind. I guess you know that now.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...