Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Visit to the Toy Store


There are many things that are VERY different when you are on baby number three.  This is a story about just one of them.  

With sweet girl number one, Olivia, and sweet girl number two, Addison, I have to tell you confess that there were certain things I sort of "pushed" along out of my own desire to see them move forward.  Then I would look back and kick myself sometimes.  But, I always had this sort of, "That's ok, there will be a next time.  And I won't miss it then."  So, since this has sort of felt like it just could be the last time I have savored every moment.  Except the middle of the night feedings...  I am just layin' it out there friends.  

So, with baby girls one and two I was so excited for them to turn 1!  They were 20 pounds a month or two before the big day and they both met the height requirement early.  Hasty mom here turned them before they were one.  Don't tell on me and I won't tell on you.  BUT, this time was different.  Although Allye met all of the requirements awhile back I had no interest in turning her.  I mean none.  I was in denial.  If I turned her then she just didn't seem like a baby anymore.  This was just another page that I didn't want to turn.  Sniff, sniff.  Excuse me while I blow my nose...

The safety parent in me finally won over and I went to simply check the seat.  I thought surely I had like 5 more pounds or 3 more inches.  Something to back me up.  Notta.  Nothing.  Zilch.  Zero.  I had a measly half inch of growth left and I had to "spring" her.  So, I gave myself a pep talk for a few days and made myself do it.  And since I woke up and thought I could do anything yesterday, I decided that would be the day.  I just didn't plan on pulling up to a Toys R Us when the website plainly said I would be driving to a Babies R Us.  Let the insanity begin.  But, I must tell you we had a wonderful experience and they even let me take the carseats out to my car and test them to make sure they fit!  Now that we should have had on camera!

So, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado...

My sweet Allye in her final ride in the baby seat.


 I was having a moment here for sure.

But how could I not be happy for her when she slapped a big smile on her face this morning when I plunked her down and she was like the BIG girls?

Peek-a-Boo!


I couldn't stop taking pictures of her she was so happy!



Here is the link to the seat I bought.  It is by Graco.  I am a big fan of their strollers and products.  I have not driven a stroller yet that is better then a Graco.  I really went big on this seat because it is a 3-in-1 and will be the only seat she will need from here on out.  

While I was there I couldn't help but test drive some of their strollers.  Yikes!  You see, I am pretty frugal about my baby gear actually.  Please note I did not say clothes.  Gear people...gear.  It is because they throw-up on it, eat food in it, spill drinks all over it...you get the point.  So, for 6 years we have used the same stuff.  Obviously Allye got a new baby seat because the original seat was too far out-of-date.  Third babies are expensive people!  Anyway...we bought a nicer rainbow type stroller with our first daughter and a latch on it finally stopped working properly.  Where I might have put up with it, Man was here a couple of weeks ago and was not so in love with the malfunction.  ;)

Taaaa-daaaa!


I LOVE THIS STROLLER!  Check it out here!  I was sold when I realized she could lay back to sleep.  She is a sleeper people!  It only took three times, but we finally got a sleeper!  Guess what else?  I put it together all by myself.  We even took it for a test spin tonight!  

After this emotional day I needed some chocolate.  Ladies...you know what I mean.  So, I let the girls make some chocolate chip cookies.  That is a story for another day.  


But Allye did provide some excellent peek-a-boo entertainment.


Which helped my OCD when I saw the not so methodically lined up cookie pan!


I am happy to report nothing was wrong with the taste.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...