Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crock Pot Sloppy Joes


Here is the number one thing I have learned about having children.  When they are hungry the word "waiting" is no where in their vocabulary.  Another thing I have learned?  I can't exactly hover over the stove for three hours daily to feed all of the mouths in my house.  So, I have set out to use my crock pot two to three times a week.  I thought I would share some of the best recipes I have found.  First up...Sloppy Joes!

Crock Pot Sloppy Joes


Ingredients:

3 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. chili powder 
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
sandwich rolls

Preparation:

1. Combine all ingredients except rolls in slow cooker.
You will think there is not enough liquid but don't add anything to it.  

2. Cover.  Cook on Low 8-10 hours, or High 3-4 hours.

3. Serve in sandwich rolls.  Makes 12 servings.
You could easily freeze the leftovers.

**I bought fresh deli rolls and spread a thin layer of butter across the middle sections and toasted them in a warm pan before filling them with meat.  I highly suggest this extra step!

**Don't have time to do this in the morning?  Prepare it all the night before.  Put it in your refrigerator and then start it before you head out the next morning.

This recipe came from the below referenced book.

 Get your crock pots on!  There are more recipes coming your way!  Always tested...and kid approved!

-- The Mama
  
**I installed a Print Friendly button below.  Hope this helps you out!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...