Monday, September 3, 2012

All Fun, No Labor!


What a bittersweet weekend.  While we were so happy to have Man home with us and celebrate Labor Day with our new friends, the fun had to come to an end.  Yes, Man had to leave us...again.  So, a quick update on the weekend and The Daddy Diary will be back tomorrow night!

PART 1

We had so much excitement and noise and fun and food and excitement around here Saturday night.  Since I finally got my act together, sort of, I decided I might could have our friends over for a night of fun.  That really means that I finally found, bought, borrowed enough seats for all of us!  That is right...4 adults and six kids!

The party started with some dancing...


(No, adults are not exempt from playing!  Everyone must dance!)

and then some food...


 then more dancing...


 some puzzle time...


 Then the babies went to bed and the adults got to play... 


 while the kids did art...


If mess is an indicator...I think they had fun...


a LOT of fun!


Can't wait to show all of you our new art center.  Finishing it up and then the big reveal.  It is not for the faint of heart...

PART 2

The sadness began last night when Daddy pulled away again.  Parting is such sweet sorrow.  For real.  I know I was sorry I wasn't going to get to sleep in for four more weeks...just kidding...maybe.  Love you Man.  :)

So, I decided that today we needed to be busy.  There were a few errands I needed to do down at the beach so I bribed them...I am allowed to do that as often as necessary right now.  It is written in the How to Survive Without Daddy handbook.  


Ah yes, Chick-fil-a was the bribe to get them through the first half of the day.  No where was it written that the play place was outdoors in my handbook.  I survived.

Then I bribed them again.  I know, right?  Twice in one day.  Whatever it takes folks.  Anyway, there is this really fancy smancy shopping area and they put a water spray area in to entertain the babies...  

We had loads of fun...minus the migraine that was slowly creeping in on me.  That was not in the survival handbook either.

The big girls testing it out.

Olivia is getting Allye in on the action.

She preferred sitting.

Then she did some light running.  Love her face here!

This is because I am the mother and author and love this moment.

That girl loves her big sister!

She was my hero today.  My head was exploding at this point.

But this made it all better.  What I found when I crawled into bed tonight from my sweet Olivia.

We had a great holiday weekend and hope you did too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...