Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hola!



from MEXICO!

A, yes, alas we have reached Mexico...and how could we not when our fourth daughter is from there?

I am talking about Dora people...that was not some sly announcement.  :)  We eat, live, sleep, and breath Dora here on Van Dorn.  I am sure you have met her too, you may feel she lives with you too, but she is ours...really, just return her...what is one more girl to us?

Anyway, so I went to my normal site to find some printouts of everything Dora and came across an area where they have created printouts that are age appropriate...so...more learning sounded good to me!

Addison got connect the letters...


and Olivia got missing letters and make a path...


Then we got down and boogied with Dora and learned some Samba moves...


(Excuse the blue paint tape.  That was my project I promised to finish on Monday.  Man is patient...)

And you guessed it!  Mexican for lunch.  This was really great because this is a new restaurant in town and close to our home. 


Otherwise, I would have had to drive across town, made 5 zillion turns, hit 60 stoplights just for the red taco place.  If you have ever been near here you know where I am talking about and that there might be only 60 stoplights in the whole town...sort of.  Not that it isn't worth it...and my baby would have gone to sleep...why am I just now thinking of that...oh well.


I slyly convinced the girls that milk would be great for lunch because we had, what else?, Dora straws that turn white milk into chocolate!  WOOHOO!  It worked, I.am.a.genius.  Sometimes.

The carb queen got her fix.


The dessert queen got her fix (Olivia is the dessert queen...not that the picture indicates that).


Tres leches, what else?  I have to say that the only reason they got this is because Mama can't have that in the house right now.  But, for an awesome recipe...go here...Tres Leches to die for!

Then the carb queen struck again...really?


Yep, pulled all her food back and ate more chips?  Who can do that?  Actually cover up that wonderful sweet taste?  She is not my child...

Then we were off and Allye was too.  Whew!  She napped while we played...


(that's right...Dora Candyland)

and learned about the Mexican flag...



and crafted traditional Mexican paper flowers that start with this...


require lots of concentration...


and turn out like this!




Aren't they awesome???!!

Then we had some real work to do...

Spring Pictures with the Cowboys...


They think girls don't know how to use a rope.

It was exhausting work...


Thank goodness for a hot meal that looked like this...



We were revived enough to hear a bedtime story.  With guess who?



Until tomorrow....Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...