Monday, August 8, 2011

A Week at the Beach


It has been my dream, since having Olivia almost 6 years ago, to create family traditions around E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G

At the time we lived close to the beach and we started our beach traditions when Olivia was 9 months old.  My favorite part is the sand picture (above) I take every year.  Usually the girls are beside their name but Addison was not having the paparazzi that day...AT ALL.  We begged, bribed, and begged some more but, well.....she is 2.

That's ok....I snapped her from behind when she wasn't looking was ignoring me.  


Then there is the special night we get to go out to eat fish.  Yes, we usually only eat out once...we don't take a vacation from cooking.  This year was no different...We ate in a cute little place overlooking the water.


And then the fun began!  This was Addison's first trip to the amusement park...yes, the same one where she  "shook her booty" for, well, everyone.  I love the smiles we get...


oh yes, pure joy...


and happiness...


But there was something a little different about the trip this year...we had a fish swimmer with us.  She has no fear and LOVES the water.  I sat on the sidelines and peeked over my book in horror at what I was seeing.  You know, typical mother worry...then I knew I had to have a picture...


or two...


or three...


ok, ok...just one more
(ok, you know there were a lot more, but I picked out the best ones just for you guys and gals)


And then I look over to the side, while the craziness is going on and this is what I see...


Oh yeah, that's my Addison...same genetic "pool" as Olivia...well, maybe...somewhere in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...