Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter at the Bouchards...Yes...I know I am Late

So, let's start with why this post is late, late, late....Nate has been putting the whip to me here at home to get this house on the market.  Then I put the whip to him to help get it ready....Then he was sorry (several times) that he even suggested putting the house on the market but we got a great result...and...we are still married!  Here is the link so that you can see just how much work we have done.  No people, our house doesn't normally look like this.  It normally looks, well, lived in...  :)


So, we didn't forget Easter, I assure you.  We actually had a great week of fun!

There was a little "madness" when Addison asked me what I made for her to wear to school for Easter.  I told her it was a surprise.  She didn't know it was going to be a surprise for me too, since I had not made anything....mind you, this was the night before her last day of school before Easter.  I was busy getting teacher gifts ready.  And...I must say they turned out too cute....


and when they opened them...a nest of eggs!


BUT...I am Mom, hear me roar....I ran to her closet...thankful there was a Spring colored (former St. Patrick's Day) dress I had made for Olivia.  I ripped off the blue ribbons, sewed on some pink ones, and appliqued this cute little bunny on.  Voila!  All at 11:55:45 pm the night before.  Of course.


The next day we visited Olivia's school for her egg hunt.  We arrived early to help "hide" the eggs... 


and try out the big kid stuff...


and watch them go crazy...




Thank you Meme for the long legs!  They always come in handy!

Then while I was at Walmart (for the 6am weekly buying trip) I got this...


Man did this...without any prompting or micro-managing....Can you believe it?  I am so proud!  I think I will keep him!

How could we skip egg dying?  Well, we couldn't...  So we did it.  It took all the nerve I had...


See, even Allye looks worried.

We snuggled in that night and the next morning...he came!  That was the announcement we got followed by a mad dash to the baskets, followed by me yelling firmly shoving Man into the den to get a grip on them so I could get the eyelash curler off my face...


Allye joined us a little later...I can't believe it...time is flying...


And our bunny always leaves a trail of eggs that start inside and are hidden in our yard.  




We even caught him watching us this year!


He understands the importance of camouflage while visiting our yard...

We paused for lunch...


Then headed out to one of the BEST things about Texas....


The Bluebonnets!




 And this day was extra special in our home because it meant Allye was exactly 6 months old.  What a joy she is to us!  She has braved the terrains of many new foods, powered through long days of running errands, persistently rolled to get where she wants to go, learned to sleep through "You are not my sister any more." being yelled within mere feet of her door, smiled at all of our silliness, laughed at her sisters dancing, kicked her legs with a fierceness that says she means business when it comes to her bottle, sat up to play her piano, and has the cutest beginners crawl ever...on all fours, rocks, moves one hand, the other hand, one leg, the next leg, and splat.  Over.and.over.and.over. 


Our sweet Allye is 16 lbs. 11 oz. and 25 and 3/4 inches long.  She is the perfect gift.

Enjoy a few more pictures from our day...I couldn't not show you these!





Apparently this picture taking business is hard work!  

Love to you all! ~ Mama Bouchard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...