Saturday, September 7, 2013

10 Years


10 years ago today I married Man.  He isn't much of a talker...just says what needs to be said; nothing more, nothing less.  But, today he said (wrote) this to me and I was speechless.

  
"Lindsey, 
I don't think I express my appreciation to you often enough for having given me so many happy years. After ten years of marriage, you still make me feel like I can do anything--and with you by my side, I know that I can. Thank you for being so loving, patient, and kind. I honestly can't think of how my life would be without you in it, You've given me so much; you've changed me so much. You've made me look outside of myself and think of others - you, our daughters; you've driven me to try to change the world. You've driven me to be better - a better man, a better husband, father and human. Times change - people change. We have our hard times - we have those times when we both want to go lock ourselves in the bathroom just to get a moment of quiet. We have times when we just don't know what will come, and times when we wish what had came had not. We have persevered over the hard times and hard times to come we face together, as one. You are beautiful - you always have been, you are strong - you are honest and critical. I might say half-jokingly that you're my better half some times -but you really and truly are (You are also better looking than me!). You, and the gifts you have given me - our daughters, have given me more than a reason to just keep working, just to keep moving from day to day. You've given me a reason to truly live, to truly push myself beyond anything I could have imagined ten years ago. You've given me a place and arms to cry in, to laugh in, and to grow in. You've given me a view of life, of living, of loving I never dreamed of having. I am sorry that I can not always give to you all the things you so richly deserve - I'd give you anything, I'd buy you anything if I could. My gift to you is this - my expression of how much I truly value you, cherish you and how grateful I am - in spite of all the hard times - the good times, the memories, our daughters and most importantly our love. I am but a broken man, but with you I am whole. Thank you for being who you are. Thank you for being with me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for letting me love you in return. I love you and always will. 
Happy Anniversary."

I still can't find adequate words to describe how I feel about this.  Perhaps the best gift you could have ever given me and I thank you.  I am so glad you are mine Man!

Happy 10 Years!

Love,
The Happily Married Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...