Monday, February 13, 2012

The Allye Update

WOW!  What a month it has been!  Since Allye turned 3 months old on January 8th I have had pictures and stories galore.  But, she took front row in our home very quickly when she came down with RSV.  Thank you to everyone who called, emailed, sent letters, visited us, and prayed for our family.  Without further ado, her is the Allye Update!

I did, in fact, believe or not, get a 3 month shot of Allye.  These take work people.  I thought it was a good time to document her on her tummy, so we got this "shot".
Don't you just want to kiss those little round cheeks?  Oh how time flies!

Then Nate had to go away for a week to San Antonio.  I wasn't sure I could survive...well, I knew I could survive but I mean without prescription meds ;)  SO, we called in back-up!  Grandma North to the rescue!  What a fantastic time.  We laughed non-stop and it was so good to have extra hands and she cooked!  Yes, people.  I sat on the couch, played with my kids, and did not have to cook! That has to be the greatest part of mothers coming to town!

Daddy arrived home safely and then the bottom fell out.  All of the girls got sick.  Addison had the worst cold in history, Olivia got pneumonia, and then our sweet Allye was hospitalized with RSV. For those who don't know, we took Allye to the doctor because she was lethargic and not eating.  They found her to have an elevated heart rate and sent her from the doctor's office to the ER by ambulance.  
  Once we got there she was under observation for quite some time.  Once they saw that she was having trouble keeping her oxygen above 90 she was admitted.

My mom flew out the next day and what a relief.  There is nothing like having your mom with you when everything seems to be falling apart.  The girls were super excited and that made everything going on around them much smoother.  I stayed with Allye at night and when Nate came to sit with her for me to go home and shower I was giving him the run down of everything going on and told him that I just wanted to see her smile again.  He walks over to her, gives her his best duck call and this is what I saw...

I am not sure how worried I should be that she responds to "calls" already.

After three long nights we got to come home and her big sisters were so excited.  This is where we found them.

One kid knowing how to read is  Well, except for on the nights we are still learning to know, much bigger words, and I don't bring my patience with me.  Like I left it in the car at 2 in the afternoon.  It can get u.g.l.y.  Then I have to give myself a timeout.  Anyway...

The greatest thing happened just two days after she was home. 








And she was like, "what just happened?"  There was sheer pandemonium....and excitement...and celebration...  Yep, just two days after being in the hospital, not yet 4  months old...that is how we raise 'em...nothing is going to get you down...for long anyway!

So now we have to trap her in toys or there is constant rolling and then crying and then Mommy turns her over then more rolling then crying and then Daddy turning her over and then rolling, well, you get the point!

We survived month 4! 
Officially weighing in at 13 lbs 3 ounces and measuring 24.5" long  at the 4 month marker....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...