Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hurricane Party


So we have lived in Florida for approximately 936.8 hours and we are faced with a hurricane.  Yep, that is us...Tornado Alley to Hurricane Harbor (roll with me people!)...

So when Man calls me from Tornado Alley and asks if I have looked at the weather, to which I look at him (through the phone of course) like, "Are you kidding me?  I am washing dishes still at 9pm"  I politely reply, "No."  He seems slightly concerned and arranges to come home a little earlier then planned.  Then when I continue to not seem very concerned he decided to come home right away.  Maybe you are wondering about my plan.  It was simple.  Leave town. 

Anyway, that was not needed.  Man came home.  Since he was here to worry, I called my girlfriend down the street, Miranda...I will need some kind of spunky name for her....coming soon!  She lives like 4 doors down and has three kids, matching in ages with our girls...except her bitty is a boy.  I say, "Hey, what are your plans for the storm?"  She gives me their layout, which is quite impressive, to which I reply, "Want to come make cupcakes during the storm?"  She says, "Yes!"  See, I was making plans.  

So, today was the BIG day.  Here is how it went.

1.)  Awake at 6 a.m.

2.) Showered and ready by 6:45.

3.) Breakfast done by 8 a.m.

4.) Cupcakes done shortly thereafter.

5.) Sunshine was beaming through the windows.

6.) At approximately 9:13 a.m. I sent Man to hook up the trailer he brought the rest of our junk stuff in from Texas.

7.) We were on the rode to Fort Walton thrift hunting by 9:30 a.m.  Sunshine and ALL!

8.)  We pull into the Habitat ReStore at 10 o'clock something.  

9.) I hop out of the car and into the store and the bottom.fell.out.

10.) Not feeling so smart at 10 o'clock something.

11.) Got soaked running back to the car.

12.) Rain stopped 3.25 seconds later.

13.)  We were headed to TJMaxx.

14.)  Awesome shopping trip over by 12 p.m.

15.) Caught some lunch.  Not literally.  I realize that could be confusing now that I live near water that I could actually catch something in.  Oh, never-mind.

16.) 1:14:30 p.m. - Headed home...Sunshine and ALL!

17.) The cupcake party began at 2:17 p.m.  ... while the husbands headed to Lowes :)  Oh yes, there was a plan for them too!

18.) Cupcake decorating commenced...


They took it very seriously...


Probably because their perfectionist mothers were watching over them.  Maybe.

Before we knew it we had sunshine...lots of it...on my table...

Some you could eat...some you could "squeeze"!




This is Aubriee!  She is Olivia's age!  I love her shy, sweet smile...or maybe that is her "Do I really have to take another picture look?"  Time will tell and I will bust that code with my camera prowess...or something.  Maybe. For sure.


Here is Alexis...we call her Lexi..so do her parents.  Probably not if she is in trouble.  Can't you see the spunk?  She is Addison's age!  She smiled willingly.  Every.time.  Seeing her sweet face come in my house makes my heart sing...obviously 'cause she is so darling, but mostly because I have prayed for Addison to have little girl friend.  Don't get me wrong, Cowboy Trynt can't be replaced, but let's face it...the day is coming real soon that he is going to refuse getting his hair straightened for the fourteenth time in-a-row.

So there.  My best laid plan went off without a hitch.  So glad you got to meet our new friends and I can't wait to share all of our adventures with you.

Let's face it...

2 moms + 6 kids = Good Writing Material!

  P.S. You saw a 5th sweet girl in one picture.  I cannot put her face on here because I don't do that without permission, hopefully you will know her soon too!  We love her!

P.P.S  My best laid plan was going off without a hitch no matter what...Miranda's Man had a generator!

P.P.P.S  I now have a floored attic that holds 30 rubber totes, four Christmas trees, tons of baby stuff, and a partridge in a pear tree.  Sorry about that..never too early to get in the Christmas spirit!


See you on the other side of the storm,
 Mama Bouchard







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...